Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Free Bead Pattern with Thread Path: Decreasing Brick Stitch Watermelon

Hello,

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving celebration. We had a small family potluck, nothing fancy, but it was nice to eat, relax and chit-chat. With the nieces, nephews and young cousins moving away to the mainland for school, work and to raise their family, it seems that only us old folks are left. We are h-a-n-g-i-n-g on to the younger ones that can't leave us yet even while they squirm for space (can't ask 'em about their personal life!).

About this time each year, I kind of evaluate what is working and what is not to see where I can improve. This year I released a bunch of my patterns and I'm happy to say that people seem to like them. I just need a faster way to get the images in my head into a pattern. The process usually involves me putting my idea onto the handy-dandy BeadTool software program, beading the design (and if necessary making alterations & re-beading), taking a photo of the finished piece, and then creating a PDF file to share.

For those who do not bead weave, I think once you learn how to do it, you will enjoy it a lot. I'd love to present tutorials in digital animation format but the ones I've made so far are not very good and it took me forever to create. It is my "one-day" goal to be able to show you, step by step, how to bead my patterns.

If you would like to practice, below is a PDF link for a free Watermelon bead pattern with thread path. Watch this awesome video by Silverhill Design to get started with the ladder stitch and decreasing brick stitch.


You will need a digital reader such as Adobe Acrobat to download this document.

I hope you enjoy this pattern! Please feel free to contact me with your beading ideas and suggestions.

Thanks for following my Bead Crumbs!

*****
Questions, Comments or Suggestions?
You can reach me here:
Facebook > https://www.facebook.com/BeadCrumbs
Twitter > https://twitter.com/BeadCrumbs
Etsy > https://www.etsy.com/shop/BeadCrumbs
I would love to hear from you!