Monday, October 5, 2015

Bead Patterns - Finishing it Off

I'm going to show you some of the ways that I finish off a bead pattern with either a loop or tube bead. I know everyone has different ways of doing this so my newer patterns that I list on Etsy or Craftsy will not include instructions, suggested beads or thread path for making the loop or connector bead endings. You can use any of the methods below or do it your own way.

I hope the illustrations below will give you an idea of how I like to complete my design.

Click here for more information!
Click here for more information.
Click here for more information.
Click here for more information.

I usually like to use transparent, size 15 round beads to make the loop but then I change it up from time to time, depending on the design. I may use 1.3 to 2 mm. tube crimp beads instead and slide a jump ring right through it. I double or triple up the thread for this section to make it stronger. I don't think it makes much of a difference how you finish off your piece but I would caution slipping hardware directly through the glass bead to avoid cracking your work. Also, crimp (tube) beads have sharp edges so I use it only with my Fireline thread. You may want to substitute the crimp bead with another type of large hole bead such as a spacer, closed jump ring , split ring or decorative connector bead.

Have fun beading!

Thank you for following my Bead Crumbs!

***** 
Questions, Comments or Suggestions?
You can reach me here:
Facebook > https://www.facebook.com/BeadCrumbs
Twitter > https://twitter.com/BeadCrumbs
Etsy > https://www.etsy.com/shop/BeadCrumbs
 I would love to hear from you!