Friday, January 3, 2014

Courage for 2014

Like many of the people I know, I have a hard time believing that another year has passed us by. New Year's Eve was a quieter than normal celebration with just my husband and kids in the front yard. We roasted marshmallows over the grill, burned quite a lot but made a few it into edible s'mores, and watched our neighbor's firework displays from our lawn chair. Our children played with party poppers and noise makers, though many in our neighborhood lit up the sky with firecrackers and *ahem* other loud bangy devices. On the first day of 2014, we went to lunch at grandma's and enjoyed the company of our extended family.

Winter break is coming to an end and school will be in session soon. The kids are moaning and groaning - so am I. We are really savoring this much needed down time together.

While I am not much for making or keeping New Year's resolutions, I do start the year with a goal in mind. This year I am going with the "One Word" challenge. My one word of inspiration is Courage. I won't go into all of the reasons why I chose this particular word but basically it's courage to make the changes that I need to in order to move towards a fulfilling future.

As we enter 2014, I wish all of you a happy, healthy, prosperous year. I'd love to know if you have set any resolutions or have any goals for yourself this year. Thank you for your friendship, your words of encouragement and for sharing your smile with me!

*****
I Love Your Smile!


Click on the links above and I'm sure you'll find a smile waiting for you too!

For a the 'expanded' version of Top Commenter list, please see the side bar on the left.

Thank You!

*****