Thursday, December 26, 2013

How To: Resin Rose on Suede Cord Bracelet

I made a few of these resin rose bracelets on natural suede cords. 
Would you like to make one too?



This is what I used to make these simple but sweet bracelets.

K.O. beading thread
E6000 adhesive
Resin rose bead
Two small 6 mm. split rings
Lobster claw clasp


 Measure your cord and cut to the desired length. My cord measured about 7 1/4".
The finished bracelet, with clasp, measures 7 inches.
Slide the lobster claw clasp onto one of the split rings to make one side of the clasp closures.
On each end of the cord, slip the one split ring onto the cord end.
Fold the cord over the split ring about 1/2".
Dab E6000 glue to seal the edge of the cord so the split ring is secure.


Wrap K.O. beading thread over the fold. 
It adds a decorative touch and little more security.
Hide the thread ends and clip the loose ends.


Find the center of the bracelets and sew on the resin rose.
Knot a few times, hide the thread tail and clip.


This is the bracelet.


Do you want this bracelet but don't want to make your own?  If so, leave me a comment and I'll mail one to you for free. I will need to be able to contact you quickly and easily for a mailing address. I have a few to give away. Sorry USA addresses only because international shipping is a little bit too pricey for me. 

If you make one of your own bracelets following this tutorial, I'd love for you to post a photo on my Facebook page.