Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Back to School Doldrums

So who is looking forward to the new Fall school year? Right now the mood in our home is a little oppressive. I attribute this feeling to the humid weather and the end of summer break. I call it the back to school doldrums and it feels a bit like this poem from The Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. 

poem The Rime of the Ancient Marine

It is that in-between time. The carefree summer days will soon be over. We spent this week shopping and gathering school supplies. It's too early for back to school jitters but the impending feeling of doom is here. As the first day of school approaches, the energy will pick up and the kids will be buzzing about full of nervous activity. Right now we're a home of overstuffed sausages slowly sizzling in the summer heat and soon we will burst out with a BANG! Wish you could be here for the clean-up!

(Just wanted to say thank you for the feedback on my name change. I'm glad it got your approval. Once I get my craft area organized, I hope to get back to bead weaving. Thanks again!)