Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Time for Games

The kids are having a get together this week and it involves a few games and prizes. I thought it would be a good time to experiment with some crafts and add these to the prize basket.

I wanted to make clay pendants. Here is my first attempt. I used Sculpey III clay, rubber stamps and acrylic paint to make these. I started with a roller to create a uniform thickness but ended up just squashing down the clay with my fingers. I couldn't find a mold small enough to make the shape so again I did the "squash" technique. These are quite ugly but maybe I'll give it another try later. I still need to add some clear varnish and definitely less squashing and more love.


I also made some bow charms. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. Maybe add a chain or zipper pull clasp. 


Can you tell what material I used to make these bows?
Are you thinking about it?

This is what I used...


Rubber bracelet thingies!
Did you guess it right?

I made the bows by cutting the bracelet into small rectangles, wrapping wire around the center of the piece (wording towards the back) and slipping a jump ring through the wire. Easy peasy and I like it much better than the clay charms. I don't think the kids will notice that their bracelets are gone.

Have a wonderful crafty day! Thanks for stopping by :)