Thursday, May 30, 2013

Weekly Round-Up: Stars and Patterns

This week I had fun incorporating stars into my designs and posting patterns in my shop.

For this star design, I used 4 mm. Druk beads (Czech glass) to make sparkly ornaments. I know Christmas is far away but these stars are larger than my usual pieces so I call them ornaments. They measure about 3.5 cm. in diameter and though bigger, I think it would work well as charms too.

Handmade Cute Etsy
Beaded Star Ornament

This panda is a familiar face but I made it "fun-er" by adding a link chain and bright, colorful acrylic stars.

Beaded Panda Zipper Pull / Charm

Etsy just made listing and purchasing patterns much easier. Instant downloads are now available once payment is confirmed...hooray! Now, if you want to make your own panda, you can!


Brick Stitch Panda Pattern

I saw a REAL raccoon for the first time when I went to the Plimoth Grist Mill in Massachusetts. The raccoon, named Miko, was fishing for herring that came back to spawn in their home sweet home. The entire herring spawning story is amazing but for someone who has never seen a raccoon before, well, that was pretty cool.

Handmade Cute Raccoon
Brick Stitch Raccoon Pattern

I hope you like this week's round-up. Thanks for visiting. Have a great day!