Monday, April 22, 2013

Black and Blue

It is nice to return home to Hawai'i from the U.S. east coast and be greeted with features in beautiful Etsy Treasuries.

The first Treasury is a bold collection of colors in black and shades of blue, appropriately called Black and Blue. It is curated by the talented Sophie of Purple Smoothie. By the title of Sophie's shop, you already know she is unique and colorful. Purple Smoothie is a one-of-a-kind shop that features a variety of paper bead jewelry such as this one.

Blue, Black and White Necklace - Paper Craft Jewelry, Mickey Mouse Ears

Treasury: Black and Blue
Curator: Sophie from Purple Hippo
Featured in Treasury: Turquoise Mountain Jade Earrings

My favorite dachshund, SassySashadoxie, came up with yet another clever Treasury. Titled "And Your Point Is?" focuses on Pointillism art where distinct colored dots form an image. I have never thought of my beading as Pointillism but ahhhh...now I see how it can be! Below you can see how SassySashaDoxie has created a Dachshund constellation with points of stars

Dachshund Stars Night Sky Constellation

Curator: SassySashadoxie
Featured in Treasury: Cocker Spaniel Charm

I love fairy tales with happy endings so I am thrilled to be included in this Treasury, Happily Ever After, by Heather of Blue Barn Hill Crafts. Heather lives a busy life - raising 7 children(!) while embracing the country life. I am so impressed that she finds times to fill her Etsy shop with cute creations such as this upcycled denim Teddy Bear.

Country Denim Teddy Bear

Treasury: Happily Ever After
Curator: Heather from Blue Barn Hill Crafts
Featured in Treasury: Teddy Bear Charm

While I had a bunch of fun traveling with my daughter through Virginia, Washington D.C., New York and Massachusetts, I sure missed the creative side of life while I was gone. I'm glad to be back home...yes, Home! Sweet Home! Thank you my Etsy friends for this wonderful welcome back.