Thursday, January 3, 2013

Forty Four (not my age)

When the kids are tucked in bed and my husband is watching his favorite show on Netflix, I like to snuggle in bed with a good book. Sometimes I browse through craft books and magazines for inspiration and other times I get lucky with a book that I just can't put down. Lately, I've been lucky.


"Last year after falling through the ice, seventeen-year-old Abby Craig woke up from death."
~Amazon.com


I am currently reading the digital version of the 44 series by Jools Sinclair. I came across the first 44 book on Amazon.com and got it because it was free. It was surprisingly good and I purchased the second Kindle book for $2.99. I'm currently on book 3 of a six part series. I should have bought the boxed set.


"But she woke into a world she barely recognizes. She can’t see colors, memories have been erased, and her friends all hate her. And then there’s Jesse, who she loves, but who refuses to forgive her the one mistake she made long ago."
~Amazon.com

Okay, so it sounds like a teen/young adult-ish read and it is. I think that is what makes it pleasurable for me. It's a "thrilling, paranormal romance" that flows like a TV series and it doesn't make my brain work too hard.



"Just when she thinks it can’t get any worse, the visions begin. In them, she sees a faceless serial killer roaming the streets. While the police believe that there have been a lot of accidents in town lately, Abby knows differently. And she soon realizes that it’s up to her to find him.

But to stop him, she’ll have to confront more than just the killer. 
She’ll have to face something else that was lost in those dark waters." 
The truth.  
~Amazon.com

So, if you're looking for a book to read tonight, may I recommend the free version of 44? I linked up to Amazon.com but I'm sure you can find 44 at any major bookstore. Unfortunately our Hawaii State Library does not carry this book. You can visit the author on her blog, Jools Sinclair.

Thanks for stopping by today. I'll end with a photo of a bookmark that is in my shop. It's not needed for digital books but if you like "real" books, as my daughter calls it, a bookmark will help.