Monday, January 7, 2013

What Killed the Radio Star?

We're a musical family wanna be. Well, my husband and I are and we hope our children will appreciate music soon enough. I cannot sing but that's okay because my horrible voice makes a terrific weapon. My husband sings better than I do and loves his guitar. My kids went to all of those toddler music classes and we continue their music education with piano lessons. This past summer, my daughter sang a duet on stage at the mall. She said she is never, ever, ever doing that again! We listen to music almost every day whether it is The Duck Song or a pretty instrumental like The Piano Guys' Lord of The Rings or something playing on the radio in the background.

This past Christmas, I had planned to make music themed charms for my children's piano teachers but you know how that goes. It's not until I received an inquiry for musical note charms that I finally sat down and made these...


These are Peyote stitched charms made with Delica 11/0 beads that dangle from silver plated chains.

Now for the trivia question, "What Killed the Radio Star?". Video, of course! Video Killed the Radio Star by The Buggles, was the first video played on MTV on August 1, 1981. Quite appropriate.

Thanks for stopping by!