Thursday, January 24, 2013

One Stitch At A Time


I love my books...especially instructional books. Teach Yourself VISUALLY Beadwork: Learning Off-Loom Beading Techniques One Stitch at a Time by Chris Franchetti Michaels is the best instructional beadwork book that I own. I recently purchased this book so that I could learn and master every single bead weaving stitch. While it may take me awhile to do so, I know I will always have this book as a handy guide.

Made especially for visual learners (like me), this book has tons of photos that will show you how to weave the peyote, ladder, brick, square, right angle weave and herringbone stitch. It also covers beaded netting and teaches you how to make beaded clasps that are used for bracelets and necklaces in lieu of hardware.

Teach Yourself Visually Beadwork will give you directions on how to make a beaded bezel with the circular peyote stitch similar to this decorated hair elastic.

If you'd like to learn more about bead weaving, I do recommend getting this book at your local craft store, bookstore or online.

Please tell me about your favorite instructional book and thank you for letting me tell you about my mine.

Chris Franchetti Michaels blogs at Beadjewelry.net.