Monday, January 14, 2013

French Bread Pizza Night

I thought I'd write about food today because I'm committing myself to it. To be precise, I told myself that I would spend more time in the kitchen preparing fun meals with and for the family. I don't particular like cooking but my little one enjoys the chemistry of food stuff so I'm making it a point to invest a few hours each month nurturing my child's interest.

My cooking style is assemblage - gathering ready made components and fitting it together to make a meal. This often involves cutting, mixing and heating; thus referred to as cooking =)

In the style of assemblage, the kids and I made French Bread Pizza. The cooking part involved "cutting" the bread, "mixing" bottled spaghetti sauce, spreading the sauce over the bread, sprinkling mozzarella and Parmesan cheese {left over packets from Pizza Hut} over the bread, then adding pepperoni to top it off.  This was placed into the "heated" oven until the cheese melted. My husband brought home fully loaded salads from his office cafeteria and voila!...we had a tasty meal!

I need to start planning for the next food adventure so if you have any ideas or links to simple, fast recipes, please feel free to leave me a comment.

Enjoy these crafty food links on Etsy.

Strawberries
*Kim Chi Ramen Keychain by Bit of Sugar
*Nail Art Sushi Caviar Sashimi by Nail Kandy
*Paper Cookie Box Favor Set by Catando Design
*Kawaii Cosmetic Pouch, Makeup Bag by Tomodachi Kitty
*Children's Apron, Chef Hat and Crochet Cupcake Gift Set by Tisket Tasket


I hope you're having a great Monday. Thanks for stopping by!


Pizza Image Source: thefrugalgirl.com via Handmade Cuties on Pinterest

(http://www.thefrugalgirl.com/2012/11/how-to-make-french-bread-pizza/)