Thursday, January 10, 2013

Creatively Stagnant. It Stinks!

I've been sort of stuck on what I want to do. My indecision is making me creatively stagnant. Does this happen to you? What do you do to get back on track?

I decided to make something simple because my projects weren't working out and I spent a lot of time un-stringing my work. I chose to work with my Oxblood Red seed beads. It's a nasty sounding color but I like it because it the color looks like chocolate. Perfect for Valentine's Day!

Here's is a simple bracelet that I made with tiny Delica 15/0 seed beads and red bicone crystals. It's something both my kids and my adult friends would wear. I'm trying to add more of these "conservative" jewelry to my shop to give it more balance but I seem to get pulled back into my need to make cutesy stuff.



I also wrapped a yellow magnesite bead with bright neon pink Toho's and used more of the tiny 15/0 Delica's. I attached the bead to hair elastic. Although I love the bright colors of this beaded piece, the circular center is a bit uneven. I'm adding it to my kid's collection of "mom's beaded oopsies".

Now that I've gotten these projects out of my system. I think I'm ready to get back to work on some new bead weaving projects such blue bunnies and flying pigs.

Thanks for stopping by!