Monday, December 3, 2012

Monty's Madness!

What is the probability that Monty Hall, of the famed game show The Price is Right, knew that his mystery door game would become a math problem for tons of school kids?

During the afternoon and early evening, my craft space (the dining room table) turns into study hall. Laptops, papers, text books, pencils and all sorts of projects take over my work area and I'm left with a table edge to bead from.

Today's homework included a written probability assignment based on Monty's mystery door game. At first, my daughter's essay left both of us rolling with laughter because her answer was pure nonsense. However, it soon turned into moans of frustration.  She finally completed her assignment with a nice, nerdy answer that made my brain spin and left me with no desire to finish up my beadwork. Whew...I can't wait for Winter school break to arrive!

Here is something that I did complete. It's a custom request for teenie-weenie beaded flags.


Here is a photo that my wonderful customer sent me of her completed bracelet.  It's simple, sweet and very trendy. Don't you think so?


Well, thank you for stopping by. I'll leave you with the link to The Monty Hall Problem on YouTube. Have fun!