Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Strawberry Bead Project

I remember summer break with the kids when they were a bit younger; it meant long days because the little ones managed to get into a lot of mischief.  Now that they are older, our summers are much "funner" and we spend more time doing things together.  Though I am sad, back to school means that I get to spend more time on my bead projects.

The first thing I hope to do is learn to make a puffy strawberry. I saw instructions on The Beaded Edge book, mentioned here, but it's made for those who know how to crochet (not me).  I'm going to see if I can come up with my own bead pattern to make cute, little strawberries, seed bead style.  If I never mention this project again, that means I failed. 

Here is something I did manage to complete.  It's special request for a familiar design and popular one of the Razorback Hog.  I plan to shrink the pattern and make these into earrings.


What are you working on?  I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!