Thursday, July 12, 2012

Seascape Beaded Medallion

I'm missing the beach.  This summer we have been so busy that we've hardly spent any time at the beach!  Inspired by our island's seascape, I decided to make this medallion bead woven charm.


For the inner circle I used the right angle bead weaving stitch.  The beads are faceted baby blue Eruberu acrylic beads that I picked up at Ben Franklin Crafts. I like the sparkle of these beads that look like crystal but costs a lot less. The outer circle is made using a circular flat peyote stitch.  It includes size 11 Toho seed beads in rainbow green, sapphire blue and peach.

I hope you like this bead woven medallion pendant in ocean colors. It's available at Handmade + Cute, Etsy.

Thank you for stopping by!
*****

Follow my blog with Bloglovin (and comment below to let me know who you are so I can visit you too!)