Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Beaded Hawaiian Quilt Motif

I love Hawaiian quilts!  Hawaiian quilts are sometimes made to include bold floral designs or animal appliques but often, the patterns are often symmetrical, snowflake-like botanical motifs that are quilted on white fabric. Not having the skill and patience to make a Hawaiian quilt, I made this pendant instead.



Using opaque white and chili pepper red Toho seed beads in size 11 and employing the square stitch method of beading, my finished piece measures approximately 2.5 cm. by 3 cm.  I wish I could tell you how many seed beads were used in this project but I accidentally deleted the pattern and information from my computer.  If I ever decide to recreate this design, it'll probably be from this photo.

I hope you like this piece.  It's listed in my shop.


Google Friend Connect: Since there is nothing so well worth having as friends, never lose a chance to make them.Francesco Guicciardini **Click Here**