Beaded Confections and Other Crafts

Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, August 9, 2013

Sweet Taste of Summer

Thank you to those who caught my post yesterday and sent me kind and encouraging words :) Today is going to be a better day. There are so many things that I am grateful and thankful for.

Yesterday afternoon my mother-in-law shared some sweet mangoes with our family. Growing up we had a large mango and lychee tree in our yard that often provided us with tasty snacks as well a great place to play. I remember spending hours in the lychee tree where my siblings and I claimed our own personal space, rigged pulleys and climbed like monkeys. Today we don't have a large yard now but we have one happy orange tree that is kind enough to produce delicious fruit despite my poor gardening skills.

Through my children's eyes, mango is what grows along the road in those big trees and lychee is the expensive and juicy fruit sold at the expensive pop-up stand down the street - "Fresh Cold Lychee!", the sign shouts. Because of the strong, sweet smell of ripe mango, my kids don't particularly care for it but they will go for lychee and watermelon on any day.

I am very pleased to be included in the colorful treasury that got me to indulge in the fun memories from my childhood. My watermelon charm is featured in this collection.



Please click here to enjoy this juicy treasury in its entirety.

I can't express enough how much I love Softly Bear Paw but, with the product photo shown below, I hope you can see why I have an immense adoration for this shop.



Thank you for stopping by today. Enjoy your Friday and have a wonderful weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Of course today is better, it's Friday! Even though weekends and weekdays is all work anyway for me, I still like to do a little dance knowing the weekend is coming!
    I don't really like to eat watermelon but I like watermelon crafts, I love the colros and just the cutemess of it. So, now i know, if I ever sit next to your kids, I'll gladly trade my watermelon for their mangoes! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had lychee but I want to try it. Good for you getting listed in the treasury. Your work is wonderful and you deserve the recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! I love mangos. I bet you miss those days of climbing, and playing. I often find myself reminiscing those childhood memories. I love your watermelon charm, its adorable! Have a wonderful weekend Jayne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mango, lychee, watermelon - all delicious fruits!
    I missed yesterday's blog post, but I'll have to go back and see...I hope you have a great weekend, Jayne!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeh we have the lychees here and you guys got the good hayden mangoes there.... love all those fruits....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That watermelon soap is too cute. And mangos taste so wonderful!

    http://heidiswanderings.blogspot.com/2013/08/little-scary-isnt-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jayne...
    Glad you are feeling better...
    Never had lychee, but I sure do love mangoes!!
    Where do you live? That you can grow mangoes.....
    Your watermelon charm is adorable!!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the Treasury feature. :) Mangoes are my favorite fruit! I have every intention of living in FL someday and having a mango tree. I love cooking Indian food with them too. Mmmm! Those rats are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jayne, you and your wonderful blog posts are missed. :) Just wanted to stop by and say hello~

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me today! I appreciate your comments very much.